One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of an office or other working environment by people who are self-employed or working for different employers, typically so as to share equipment, ideas, and knowledge.‘the whole idea of co-working is to bring bright, creative people together and let the ideas collide’as modifier ‘the area's newest co-working space’
- ‘There's a reason we've seen a huge influx in coworking spaces the past few years.’
- ‘Co-working can be tough: regular users of a space have their natural sprawl, while those spending just a few hours at a desk would prefer a minimum of clutter.’
- ‘The trend of co-working - putting several, small independent companies and professionals under the same roof - has been growing the past five years.’
- ‘The midtown Sacramento-based co-working operation hopes to duplicate its success in the university town.’
- ‘Portland has its fair share of startup incubators, accelerators and coworking spaces.’
- ‘Frei was introduced to 3-D printing while working as a CG animator in an arts-focused coworking space.’
- ‘But despite the rapid growth rates estimated above, just a small proportion of workers in the economy are engaged in coworking.’
- ‘Co-working is all about bringing flexibility to an office, and that appeals to entrepreneurs.’
- ‘For fans, coworking offers something missing from the home office and lost in the daily grind.’
- ‘Coworking spaces are unfamiliar to those accustomed to conventional workplaces.’
- ‘The location is one of several recently opened co-working spaces in Iowa.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.