One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mixture of the drugs sulphamethoxazole and trimethoprim, used to treat bacterial infections synergistically.
- ‘The researchers gave half the children daily co-trimoxazole, the other half received a placebo.’
- ‘Children with acute lower respiratory tract infections received co-trimoxazole.’
- ‘If minocycline or doxycycline cannot be used, alternatives include co-trimoxazole and ciprofloxacin.’
- ‘Resistance to co-trimoxazole was observed in 57.6 per cent of isolates.’
- ‘Once patients were evaluated and found to fit the criteria for treatment they were given a one month course of co-trimoxazole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.