One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a medical condition that co-occurs with another.
- ‘Her chest x-ray was reported to be stable, however her co-morbid conditions were causing continued weight loss, e.g. lack of control of her diabetes.’
- ‘He is a boy with learning difficulties and co-morbid conduct and attention deficit disorder.’
- ‘Among women, depression disorders are much more likely to be accompanied by co-morbid anxiety disorders.’
- ‘Of all mental disorders, depression is probably the one most frequently seen co-morbid with other diseases.’
- ‘Most patients had serious co-morbid illnesses such as diabetes, chronic respiratory and heart disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.