Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The difference between a given latitude and 90°.
- ‘Thus the co-latitude of 52 is 90-52 = 38 degrees.’
- ‘The greatest departures are for beams lying near the limit of our co-latitude range.’
- ‘Here is a table of the number of daylight hours as a function of the time of year for the first 26 weeks of the solar year, for several co-latitudes in the Northern Hemisphere.’
- ‘Here that would be the angle between OP and the Earth's axis, known as the co-latitude of P.]’
- ‘If your co-latitude plus the declination of the star is greater than zero, then it will rise above your horizon at least sometime during the year.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.