One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The influence of closely associated species on each other in their evolution.
- ‘This would add greatly to our knowledge of natural selection and co-evolution in plant-pathogen populations.’
- ‘The co-evolution of plant surfaces and insect pads results from a competition between insect attachment systems and plant anti-attachment surfaces.’
- ‘Recent work shows that these theorems don't hold in the case of co-evolution, when two or more species evolve in response to one another.’
- ‘Several types of co-evolution have been described in the literature about evolution, including mutualism, character displacement and host-pathogen evolution.’
- ‘Because of this long period of co-evolution, dogs are the most attuned of animals to our own species needs and ways of living.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.