One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an activity at a school or college) pursued in addition to the normal course of study.‘features in the journal throw light on the academic and co-curricular activities of the college’
- ‘The purpose of co-curricular activities is to assist the education of students.’
- ‘He shares that these co-curricular clubs will help him network and make connections in the community.’
- ‘The school, with a focus on co-curricular activities, aims at mental and physical growth of its students by instilling among them a love of learning.’
- ‘Their educational experience is enriched by more than 300 student co-curricular activities and organizations.’
- ‘Employers will be interested in the co-curricular activities that students have engaged in while in college.’
- ‘Students can also get help creating a portfolio of their academic and co-curricular accomplishments.’
- ‘Our productions are a vital, co-curricular component of our degree program.’
- ‘Away from the classroom, the community school strongly encourages all students to participate in its co-curricular programme.’
- ‘He excelled academically and participated in co-curricular programs.’
- ‘Many students participate in co-curricular activities with a civic purpose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.