Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a product or service) marketed under or carrying two or more brand names.‘co-branded credit cards’
- ‘The national bank is coming out with its credit card as a co-branded product with a foreign bank.’
- ‘The telecom company will offer a co-branded service, making it the first phone company to combine local and long distance with cellular, Internet, and video under one bill.’
- ‘The companies’ new co-branded auction service will be accessed via a jump-page off at the Internet portal.’
- ‘But all the benefits to be obtained by either party depend on the issue of the co-branded credit card.’
- ‘The co-branded service is described as the initial offering, so there's clearly more brewing from that long term relationship.’
- ‘As co-branded product development continues in this category, the trend of adding other brand names and logos to containers also remains.’
- ‘The co-branded card would carry a host of exclusive privileges and offers on products from time to time.’
- ‘In addition to co-branded products, ice cream manufacturers are teaming up with one another.’
- ‘For growth, he concluded a key deal in October with the computer manufacturer to sell co-branded products.’
- ‘‘We expect to issue our co-branded local currency card in 2003,’ the chairman said.’
- ‘There is an incredible array of co-branded products in the dairy case for kids and teens alike.’
- ‘Officials expect to launch a co-branded broadband service in the telecom's 13-state region.’
- ‘In the case of co-branded products, other product logos, images or even cartoon characters are commonly featured prominently on the face of the package.’
- ‘Unlike other service providers, this co-branded service has no contract restriction.’
- ‘In addition, the co-branded products have gained great acceptance with our consumers and have continued to surpass our expectations.’
- ‘The film manufacturer plans to release the first co-branded product in the spring of 2005.’
- ‘It's also the company's first co-branded product.’
- ‘Company executives said they would focus on sales in emerging markets and on co-branded operator deals.’
- ‘Part of the TV channel's success stems from its male-driven, World War II image, an image that could change if women start buying co-branded products like furniture.’
- ‘The toy retailer and does all inventory management, merchandising, purchasing, and marketing on the co-branded site.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.