Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A slim, flat handbag without handles or a strap.
- ‘She held her red clutch purse in her hands and after dropping her lipstick inside, she closed the latch.’
- ‘If you decide not to wear it, you can always slip the strap into the clutch bag itself.’
- ‘I have a small navy clutch bag that I use for church and other occasions when all the daily things such as credit card, shopping list and so on are not needed.’
- ‘It is believed that he was sitting with family members in a special enclosure at the funeral when he is alleged to have stolen the items which were in a clutch bag that had been placed on a chair.’
- ‘Tucking her room key into her clutch purse, she started downstairs, but stopped abruptly at the bottom.’
- ‘There are also sparkling clutches and colorful purses featured in the collection.’
- ‘‘I'm on the elevator… I'll see ya when I get down there’ I said as I hung up the phone and shoved it in the clutch bag.’
- ‘After rifling through her clutch bag, she produced a crumpled letter written in an extremely neat hand.’
- ‘She said that the clutch bag contained her mobile phone and her ID, but fortunately she had her money and her keys in her pocket.’
- ‘She spotted Callum and waved her clutch bag at him before approaching him.’
- ‘Just think of the everyday bag, the beach bag, the totally impractical evening clutch bag and the bag that can carry spare nappies and wipes.’
- ‘And what better then this timeless black bag that can be worn as a clutch or a shoulder bag.’
- ‘Their product line, officially launched last year, ranges from cute little beaded evening clutches to sturdy messenger bags.’
- ‘Instead of using a clutch purse, for example, select one with a shoulder strap.’
- ‘On her feet she wore a pair of silver stilettos to match the beading on the dress' bodice and her clutch purse.’
- ‘It doesn't have a camera and the features won't set the world on fire, but it is easy enough for your granny to use and small enough to slip into a clutch bag.’
- ‘Her blonde friend was clad in a midnight blue velvet halter dress of a similar length to Silence's and she had a matching clutch bag.’
- ‘A few minutes before our meals were served, I reached for my clutch to re-apply my lip gloss.’
- ‘Firstly, the evening bag or clutch bag must be small enough not to hinder dancing/mingling but big enough to hold the essentials for a night out.’
- ‘Camilla could be seen somewhat nervously holding her clutch bag as she prepared to step from the car and make her grand entrance.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.