One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for maritime pine
- ‘It is also a marvellous place to carry out all sorts of activities, with its characteristic red sandy stone that blends into cluster pine trees where places of an unsurpassable beauty can be found.’
- ‘Oak trees abound, as do cluster pines with their large cones and light brown-coloured shoots, which resemble candles on a Christmas tree.’
- ‘Lilies and sea poppies flower on the beach while junipers cover the outer dunes and holm-oaks, cluster pines and umbrella pines predominate in the scrub.’
- ‘The plant cover begins with peanut pines at the shore, moving on to cluster pines and black pines at higher altitudes, then cedars at 1000m.’
- ‘The Mediterranean pines share those lands that nature and men have reserved for them: near the sea the Aleppo pine, in the inner areas the cluster pine, and close to the inhabited centers the stone pine.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.