One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of severe headache in which the pain is usually limited to one side of the head, tending to recur over a period of several weeks.
- ‘Because cluster headache is uncommon in primary care, it may go misdiagnosed for years.’
- ‘Some drugs are used to treat a cluster headache after it has started, when standard painkillers are ineffective.’
- ‘Migraine and cluster headaches also can awaken a person from sleep.’
- ‘The majority of headaches are primary headache disorders, such as migraine, cluster headache, and tension-type headache.’
- ‘If cluster headache is an autonomic disorder, biofeedback may be valuable.’
- ‘A constant pressure was building up inside his poor cranium, but it wasn't the massive attack of a cluster headache.’
- ‘During a cluster headache, you may feel restless and nervous.’
- ‘Clinical features and therapies for cluster headache have recently been reviewed.’
- ‘Although cluster headache attacks are extremely painful, they're not life-threatening.’
- ‘A cluster headache is a rare type of headache that is more common in men.’
- ‘Another patient who injected herself with sumatriptan subcutaneously for cluster headache had chest pain after the first and second injections (one day apart).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.