One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of severe headache in which the pain is usually limited to one side of the head, tending to recur over a period of several weeks.
- ‘Clinical features and therapies for cluster headache have recently been reviewed.’
- ‘A cluster headache is a rare type of headache that is more common in men.’
- ‘Although cluster headache attacks are extremely painful, they're not life-threatening.’
- ‘Migraine and cluster headaches also can awaken a person from sleep.’
- ‘The majority of headaches are primary headache disorders, such as migraine, cluster headache, and tension-type headache.’
- ‘Another patient who injected herself with sumatriptan subcutaneously for cluster headache had chest pain after the first and second injections (one day apart).’
- ‘Because cluster headache is uncommon in primary care, it may go misdiagnosed for years.’
- ‘If cluster headache is an autonomic disorder, biofeedback may be valuable.’
- ‘A constant pressure was building up inside his poor cranium, but it wasn't the massive attack of a cluster headache.’
- ‘Some drugs are used to treat a cluster headache after it has started, when standard painkillers are ineffective.’
- ‘During a cluster headache, you may feel restless and nervous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.