One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A building having a bar and other facilities for the members of a club.
- ‘One of the most spectacular of all his buildings has to be the Royal Irish Yacht Club's clubhouse, which was completed in 1850.’
- ‘Glentworth Veteran's Club could be moved to a brand new clubhouse 100 metres away as a solution to the dispute between the club and Dartford Council.’
- ‘Railyard Football Club built a beautiful new clubhouse which has blended into the aesthetic and structural fabric of Moneenroe centre.’
- ‘Clubs can rent clubhouses for meetings, or just pick a spot and meet.’
- ‘If their guy can't be president of the club, they'd rather tear down the whole clubhouse.’
- ‘The clubhouse has also been refurbished to include new dressing rooms and will also provide for a board-room.’
- ‘The school will be based at the Newbridge Rugby Football Club clubhouse for the first couple of months.’
- ‘But the clubhouse was never built, the club continuing to rent.’
- ‘This Saturday heralds the long-awaited opening of the Alstonville Soccer Club clubhouse at Crawford Park.’
- ‘Defiant Castle Point Bowls Club is revamping its plans for a state-of-the-art new clubhouse after missing out on a national lottery grant.’
- ‘Residents have been complaining about anti-social behaviour at the recreation ground and the dilapidated state of the Rugby Club's clubhouse.’
- ‘The Executive Committee of the Pattaya Sports Club held their first meeting in the conference room of their new clubhouse.’
- ‘When I was six, my dad build a clubhouse in the backyard and Allison and I started a club and refused to let Ricky join.’
- ‘Work on Parkside Sports and Community Club's new clubhouse will begin in May.’
- ‘The main clubhouse features a gallery, which leads to an exercise room with a dramatic, 20-foot-high ceiling.’
- ‘The Bowls Club's new clubhouse looks set to open in time for the new season starting at the end of April.’
- ‘Now, the Cloneen club are midway through the building of a fine new clubhouse and are certain that Tom's photograph will hold a place of honour for generations to come.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.