One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A sedative drug used to treat schizophrenia.
- ‘At present, clozapine is the only antipsychotic drug licensed in the United Kingdom for treating patients who have responded poorly to standard antipsychotic treatment.’
- ‘One drug, clozapine, is associated with reducing suicidal behaviour.’
- ‘Examples of surveillance programmes being written into drug licensing decisions include clozapine and alosetron.’
- ‘The use of atypical drugs such as clozapine and olanzapine, which do not have this effect, may increase fertility rates.’
- ‘Our analysis suggests that antipsychotic drugs other than clozapine may be associated with myocarditis and cardiomyopathy.’
From c(h)lo(ro)- + elements of benzodiazepine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.