One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clear and free of cloud.‘we picnicked under a cloudless blue sky’‘a crisp and cloudless afternoon’
- ‘Radiation frost occurs typically on still, dry, cloudless nights.’
- ‘Ah, the smell of the ocean, on a cloudless July morning, walking hand in hand.’
- ‘To the west, the sky was a cloudless ultramarine blue.’
- ‘The hall's stainless steel panels curve against the cloudless blue horizon.’
- ‘Seated on her bench beneath the wide, cloudless bay, she would never admit that she longed for the messy logistics of a man.’
- ‘He stood outside the brewery, with a beer raised to his lips, the downtown skyline poking the cloudless distance behind him.’
- ‘She gets fired, her husband resigns in solidarity, and the couple moves to the cloudless suburban affluence of Stepford, Connecticut.’
- ‘It goes lilting into cloudless heaven like someone who is chosen for gallantry.’
- ‘It was a beautiful evening, cloudless and cool.’
- ‘The gene produces this pigmentation when the fall days are sunny bright, but not hot, and the nights are cloudless and cool.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.