One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clear and free of cloud.‘we picnicked under a cloudless blue sky’‘a crisp and cloudless afternoon’
- ‘He stood outside the brewery, with a beer raised to his lips, the downtown skyline poking the cloudless distance behind him.’
- ‘She gets fired, her husband resigns in solidarity, and the couple moves to the cloudless suburban affluence of Stepford, Connecticut.’
- ‘Ah, the smell of the ocean, on a cloudless July morning, walking hand in hand.’
- ‘The hall's stainless steel panels curve against the cloudless blue horizon.’
- ‘The gene produces this pigmentation when the fall days are sunny bright, but not hot, and the nights are cloudless and cool.’
- ‘Seated on her bench beneath the wide, cloudless bay, she would never admit that she longed for the messy logistics of a man.’
- ‘It was a beautiful evening, cloudless and cool.’
- ‘It goes lilting into cloudless heaven like someone who is chosen for gallantry.’
- ‘Radiation frost occurs typically on still, dry, cloudless nights.’
- ‘To the west, the sky was a cloudless ultramarine blue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.