Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The dropping of crystals into clouds to cause rain.‘the Bureau has been using cloud seeding to increase rainfall and snowpack’
- ‘Some studies have suggested that cloud seeding actually reduces rainfall, or merely redistributes it.’
- ‘‘We all work on cloud seeding to make rain fall and increase the volume of raindrops,’ he says.’
- ‘He also said the international climatology community had yet to recommend cloud seeding or other weather modification methods to resolve the ongoing drought.’
- ‘The aircraft had been under contract with the Desert Research Institute for cloud seeding experiments.’
- ‘Upon learning of the hardships faced by residents and farmers due to the lack of water resources they set up a cloud seeding project.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.