One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of substances in blood plasma which are involved in the clotting process, such as factor VIII.
- ‘Blood clotting involves more than a dozen clotting factors, many named with roman numerals.’
- ‘People with haemophilia are missing a part of the blood called a clotting factor (Factor VIII), and are sometimes treated by receiving transfusions.’
- ‘In order to have normal hemostasis, the organism needs to maintain a certain plasma level of clotting factors and a certain number of circulating platelets.’
- ‘The body's clotting system depends on platelets as well as many clotting factors and other blood components.’
- ‘He was treated with Vitamin K and infusions of blood, platelets and clotting factors.’
- ‘Oral preparations also increase plasma concentrations of clotting factors and have other effects on coagulability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.