One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A coat hanger.
- ‘Remove the distortion accurately in a bias-cut garment by letting it hang over the dress form's shaped surface, rather than hanging flat from a clothes hanger.’
- ‘You usually get one or two clothes hangers in the closet that have clips on them for pants-hanging.’
- ‘Karan held the clothes hanger in her right arm as she admired the dress hanging from it: light blue, v-neck, with a skirt ending just above her knees, while in her left hand she held her bank card.’
- ‘Laundry tips for freshmen in terms of what to pack for college include detergent, stain remover, clothing bags and clothes hangers.’
- ‘Lightweight pants, pajama bottoms, skirts and sweats can be pinned on clothes hangers and even sheets can be folded and hung on them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.