Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A coat hanger.
- ‘Lightweight pants, pajama bottoms, skirts and sweats can be pinned on clothes hangers and even sheets can be folded and hung on them.’
- ‘Laundry tips for freshmen in terms of what to pack for college include detergent, stain remover, clothing bags and clothes hangers.’
- ‘You usually get one or two clothes hangers in the closet that have clips on them for pants-hanging.’
- ‘Karan held the clothes hanger in her right arm as she admired the dress hanging from it: light blue, v-neck, with a skirt ending just above her knees, while in her left hand she held her bank card.’
- ‘Remove the distortion accurately in a bias-cut garment by letting it hang over the dress form's shaped surface, rather than hanging flat from a clothes hanger.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.