Unable to hear or understand clearly.
- ‘He didn't make that mistake because he's stupid, or cloth-eared.’
- ‘Only the churlish or cloth-eared could deny this music's uplifting qualities.’
- ‘He, being a cloth-eared idiot, always assumed that Norm was American.’
- ‘Even the cloth-eared Alf picks up on the situation.’
- ‘This is exacerbated by the actors' cloth-eared delivery - stresses invariably in the wrong places render potentially hilarious lines peculiar and baroque.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.