One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The price of a security at the end of the day's business in a financial market.
- ‘The latest reshuffle of the index is based on tonight's closing prices, so we'll have to wait and see.’
- ‘His offer was more than a third higher than the closing price on 17 September.’
- ‘The prices used to calculate the pivot point are the previous period's high, low and closing prices for a security.’
- ‘Finally, stock prices that are published in the newspapers are the actual closing prices of the individual shares from the previous day.’
- ‘Opening prices are plotted in yellow and closing prices for the period are plotted in cyan.’
- ‘The changes are based on the closing prices of companies on 10 December.’
- ‘This, in turn, was part of an offering of 55 million shares which were sold below the closing price at the time.’
- ‘Even allowing for yesterday's recovery, the share price was still 2c below the closing price last Thursday.’
- ‘You get to buy those international funds at outdated prices because they are priced at their home market's closing prices.’
- ‘We calculated returns using both bid prices and closing prices and found only minor difference in our results.’
- ‘A two-year investigation concluded that he had attempted to manipulate the closing price of the Swedish market and traded without proper authority.’
- ‘The trader is to sell the issue when the closing price exceeds the upper band and to buy the issue when the closing price falls outside the lower band.’
- ‘The problem is that the closing price from the previous day's trading is not a valid indicator as far as the markets are concerned.’
- ‘The table below lists the share prices of a group of popular biotechs at the start of this calendar year and their closing prices as of Friday.’
- ‘A secondary share offering is usually priced at the closing price of the shares on a predefined day at the end of the offer period.’
- ‘Average share price is the simple average of the daily closing price for the year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.