One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Harmony in which the notes of the chord are close together, typically in vocal music.‘the chorus was sung in close harmony’
- ‘Michael will be joined on stage by his sisters, cousin, and friends who will complement his poetry with some popular songs and close harmony singing.’
- ‘I particularly like the two-way lament of ‘The Letters’; and ‘Nightingale’ has some fantastic close harmony singing.’
- ‘The close harmony left you marvelling whether it was a cappella or with piano accompaniment, plus drums and bass.’
- ‘The Everly Brothers brought the close harmony singing of the recorded country tradition into popular music.’
- ‘They developed a unique style of close harmony with a distinctive sound and soon became very popular on the radio and in concerts in Southern California.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.