One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exclude the opportunity for.‘she had closed the door on ever finding out what he was feeling’
- ‘This may be good news for some older employees but for others it will close the door to an opportunity they would not like to miss.’
- ‘Have we actually now closed the door on 30,000 young people getting into the forestry industry?’
- ‘If you allow yourself to be categorized, you're shutting the door to so many fabulous opportunities.’
- ‘However, he believed the members were more than happy to consider being part of such a scheme as they never closed the door on any competitive opportunity.’
- ‘It is certainly not something I would close the door on.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.