One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Exclude the opportunity for.‘she had closed the door on ever finding out what he was feeling’
- ‘It is certainly not something I would close the door on.’
- ‘If you allow yourself to be categorized, you're shutting the door to so many fabulous opportunities.’
- ‘Have we actually now closed the door on 30,000 young people getting into the forestry industry?’
- ‘However, he believed the members were more than happy to consider being part of such a scheme as they never closed the door on any competitive opportunity.’
- ‘This may be good news for some older employees but for others it will close the door to an opportunity they would not like to miss.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.