One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The creature then proceeds to rear its ugly head in a few dimly lighted and cloddishly edited murder scenes.’
- ‘This is all cloddishly written, though explicit in the extreme.’
- ‘The beamed dining room, for example, is pleasant and proper, neither cloddishly rustic or oppressively smart.’
- ‘The statement followed an apology he emailed to Colorado Media Matters, in which he called the original remarks a ‘point I cloddishly tried to make.’’
- ‘Lois could also be cloddishly insulting.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.