One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nightclub or bar that charges exorbitant prices.‘clip joints more interested in overcharging for drinks than delivering a show’
nightclub, club, boîte, supper clubView synonyms
- ‘Entertainment is ancillary, a bit of corporate spin and gloss to soften the image of the company as a gaming clip joint.’
- ‘Read her experiences finding a new clip joint & a stylist anyone could love.’
- ‘He also enthusiastically encouraged her in her plan to become a nightclub hostess and she duly went to work in a clip joint off Piccadilly.’
- ‘The film opens with a flashback to explain how long term fixture and resident clown Eddie came to work at the famous clip joint.’
- ‘The bio-medical scientist had been lured into the Soho clip joint.’
- ‘Believe it or not pal, tourists do stay away from these clip joints, if and when they are aware of this racist policy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.