Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Simple pictures and symbols made available for computer users to add to their documents.‘you add designs to your labels from the clip art or your own custom graphics’
- ‘However, now that I can make my own, I've been thinking of all sorts of different ideas using my own pictures and my collection of clip art.’
- ‘I also like the fact that I can create unique labels using clip art from any graphic file, including my own personal photos.’
- ‘Whether you create your pictures yourself, scan them, use clip art, or pay big bucks to a professional artist, plan on having some source of artwork.’
- ‘A full installation requires over 450MB of drive space, not counting operating system, games, clip art or additional fonts.’
- ‘You can draw or create images using six sets of clip art supplied in the picture message folder, and then send them on to other compatible phones.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.