One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of psychology concerned with the assessment and treatment of mental illness and behavioural problems.
- ‘The authors show how developments in clinical psychology can be extended to I / O psychology and hopefully improve training effectiveness.’
- ‘John is an internationally recognised expert in the study of addiction and has research expertise in epidemiology, biostatistics, psychometrics and clinical psychology.’
- ‘Largely, psychologists who are ‘listees’ of the CRHSPP are graduates from programs of clinical psychology and counselling psychology.’
- ‘A great deal of modern social and clinical psychology took shape through the study of food habits.’
- ‘The work of CIA psychologists is grounded firmly in traditional clinical psychology and accepted professional practices.’
- ‘Only about 40 percent of these coaches have training in clinical psychology, according to the International Coach Federation.’
- ‘The subsequent 12 chapters are collected in three sections relating to criminal procedure, forensic clinical psychology, and forensic civil psychology.’
- ‘In August 2001, Casillas began her first year as a doctoral student in clinical psychology at USD after completing her master's degree.’
- ‘We also sought to provide relevant information to instructors of students in clinical psychology in preparation for prescription privileges for psychologists.’
- ‘A number of prominent psychologists have addressed the educational and practice trends in clinical psychology.’
- ‘Cognitive behaviour theories in clinical psychology, however, may have an enduring effect on the training research of I / O psychologists.’
- ‘Doctoral training programs that blend school, counseling and clinical psychology find their voice.’
- ‘As the director of Emory's clinical psychology program, Westen is both a clinician and an active researcher.’
- ‘The highest number of PhD's granted in 2000 were in clinical psychology - 39 percent.’
- ‘As a profession, clinical psychology almost reflexively articulates only its role in mental health when describing its potential contributions to health.’
- ‘Present the field of clinical psychology as one that emphasizes individual responsibility and freedom to choose.’
- ‘My experience has been in clinical psychology and my work has been with adults, children, and families.’
- ‘Health psychology and clinical psychology have also provided expertise on stress, health and mental health.’
- ‘But the majority of professional development courses and documentation related to cultural issues for psychology is geared to clinical psychology.’
- ‘I earned my PhD in clinical psychology from Harvard in 1970 and came to the University of Maine, where I'm now professor of psychology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.