One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small edible freshwater fish which is able to breathe air and move over land, native to Africa and Asia.
- ‘He cites the walking catfish, climbing perch, and mudskippers as other examples.’
- ‘Both climbing perch and walking catfish are also likely to compete with native species for both food and space.’
- ‘Since the meat of the climbing perch is tasty, it is often dug up from its muddy type of hibernation as a food source.’
- ‘The fish is called climbing perch since it can wander across land to find new habitats.’
- ‘Typically climbing perch are gray to green in color, with one dark spot at the caudal base and another just behind the gill plate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.