One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of spikes attached to boots for climbing trees or ice slopes.
- ‘For this method, you climb the tree using ladders, a pair of climbing irons, a tree bicycle or mountaineering ropes and equipment.’
- ‘The descent was a real pain to me as well, because the strap on one of my climbing irons tore, and I had to climb down using just one crampon.’
- ‘Some new lessons from our instructors and you will ascend and descend on the rocks using climbing irons and hung stations confidently.’
- ‘Depending on the time of year climbing irons are essential.’
- ‘This equipment is easier and probably safer to use than climbing irons but it is heavier and much bulkier to transport.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.