One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A set of spikes attached to boots for climbing trees or ice slopes.
- ‘Depending on the time of year climbing irons are essential.’
- ‘For this method, you climb the tree using ladders, a pair of climbing irons, a tree bicycle or mountaineering ropes and equipment.’
- ‘Some new lessons from our instructors and you will ascend and descend on the rocks using climbing irons and hung stations confidently.’
- ‘This equipment is easier and probably safer to use than climbing irons but it is heavier and much bulkier to transport.’
- ‘The descent was a real pain to me as well, because the strap on one of my climbing irons tore, and I had to climb down using just one crampon.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.