Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A structure of joined bars or logs for children to climb on.
- ‘We can use the climbing frame in the park playground or benches for doing modified press-ups.’
- ‘Since last August, the trust has raised more than 3,000 for the new play area which is expected to include climbing frames, swings, springy rides and a play wall.’
- ‘The floor of the leisure centre's main sports hall is covered with colourful climbing frames, crawl-ways, footbridges and ladders.’
- ‘All the traditional features, such as climbing frames, swings, see-saws and slides, can be seen but there is so much more besides.’
- ‘The youngsters, Joel and Benedict, climb backwards and forwards over their father and his chaise longue as if on a playground climbing frame.’
- ‘The finished playground will include climbing frames, greenhouses, propagation tunnels and woodland space which will be ideal for building dens and a barn.’
- ‘It was a close second to Newbury for swings, climbing frames and other playground attractions.’
- ‘Children are welcome and there is a playground where the climbing frames are designed to look like cotton mill machinery.’
- ‘It has swings, a slide, a climbing frame, big and small roundabouts, a couple of see-saws, a springy and picnic benches.’
- ‘She said Jack even joins in the fun and enjoys shooting down the playground's slide and scaling up its climbing frame.’
- ‘The time to just tell teenage girls to climb up ropes and go up climbing frames has gone.’
- ‘Ideas include traditional swings, roundabouts, climbing frames and slides, as well as skate boarding half-pipes and sports pitches.’
- ‘These are just some of the many considerations that you need to take into account when choosing your kids climbing frame or play structure.’
- ‘Look at it this way: the councils build parks and climbing frames for kids of three, four, five, six years of age to play on.’
- ‘They want to warn other parents to watch for outdoor toys that can be affected by heat and make sure that climbing frames are safe before use.’
- ‘Steps have been taken to improve the ‘management of risks’ associated with external climbing frames, it said.’
- ‘The huge, and free, Penguin Village welcomes tinies aged 3-12 into a world of bouncy castles, football, climbing frames, basketball and theatre.’
- ‘We plan to have climbing frames, soft play equipment, laser quest and party rooms.’
- ‘Residents say the children are using the structure as a makeshift climbing frame to get on to the roof at night - deliberately damaging the scaffolding as they go.’
- ‘Outside you would have all the climbing frames and tents for them to play in.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.