One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A control for the aperture of a camera lens or similar device which clicks into position at certain standard settings.
- ‘This one doesn't do that and windage and elevation have strong, positive click stops making adjustment easier.’
- ‘A roof prism design, it features central focusing, click stop adjustable eyepiece diopter, and nicely contoured push/pull eyecups.’
- ‘The rear is adjustable for windage in click stops, but elevation is adjusted by a very easy change of the front sight.’
- ‘The tripod socket rotates with positive click stops so it can be positioned comfortably.’
- ‘Elevating the ladder portion of the sight allows the slider to be set into one of 17 positive click stops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.