Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Become suddenly clear and understandable:‘given this info, everything soon clicks into place’
- ‘While everything seems to be clicking into place, there is however, one burning question.’
- ‘I twitched and I felt myself close my eyes for a brief second, everything clicking into place in my head.’
- ‘With the acquisition of the controlling stake in the major US satellite group DirecTV, everything was clicking into place.’
- ‘The 35-year-old missed six weeks before returning against Lancashire last week and at once everything seemed to click into place.’
- ‘As soon as we saw each other everything clicked into place.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.