One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The quality of being clever; intelligence or shrewdness.‘people marvelled at his cleverness’‘the cleverness of her strategy’
intelligence, brilliance, genius, intellectshrewdness, astuteness, sharp-wittedness, quick-wittedness, acuteness, acuityView synonyms
- ‘The failure of love punctuates much of the intellectual cleverness of Farrell's works.’
- ‘Reinventing and inverting images of Irishness, Jordan associates him with intelligence, cleverness, and wit.’
- ‘Merlin smiled inwardly at the cleverness and competence of his young student.’
- ‘Your compilers seem to have confused cleverness with wisdom.’
- ‘However, her cleverness and talent for witty banter makes it so she never comes across as being oppressed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.