One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Several insects, birds and mammals have been suggested or proven as likely pollinators, but some species appear to be self-pollinated or even cleistogamous.’
- ‘In addition, 62% of the flowers on these plants were cleistogamous indicating a high level of self-pollination.’
- ‘Flowering plants had a mean of 9.5 inflorescences on 70 mostly cleistogamous spikelets.’
- ‘We almost walked by the minute yellow flowers of Utricularia subulata, surprisingly still in bloom, and saw many more plants with cleistogamous flowers.’
- ‘Nandi suggests that the flowers of L. intermedia Leggett are cleistogamous because of their reduced size.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.