One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for goosegrass
- ‘Therefore, cleavers, a fast-growing herbaceous annual with a scrambling-ascending growth habit, was chosen for this study.’
- ‘Finally, one other dried herb formula blends 2 parts echinacea, 1 part cleavers, 1 part goldenseal and 1 part phytolacca.’
- ‘Weed killers remove wildflowers and traditional grasses, then more aggressive species such as cleavers, thistles and nettles colonise.’
- ‘Many such plants, including the cleavers, have the means to crawl through anything - both its stems and seeds are covered in tiny barbs.’
- ‘The formula contained nettle leaf, violet leaf, wild oat seed, chamomile flowers, cleavers and fenugreek seed added to warm spearmint tea or diluted juice.’
Old English clīfe, related to cleave.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.