One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘People passed frequently on the adjacent dirt road; most wore cleated boots, which identified them as enemy soldiers.’
- ‘Also, plastic cleated shoes work well on muddy fields.’
- ‘Imagine a time without guidebooks, when all routes were first ascents, when hemp ropes and cleated boots were de rigueur.’
- ‘The roof is spanned by a series of curved trusses supporting secondary cleated frames that allow the roof plane to sit back from the upper chord of the truss.’
- ‘Such a cleated shoe would have about seven square inches of surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.