One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An order for the demolition of buildings.
- ‘A slum clearance order was challenged because civil servants, acting on behalf of the minister, had conferred with local officials and heard additional evidence after a public inquiry had ended.’
- ‘The authority has now agreed to demolish the houses under a compulsory clearance order, after the owners refused to renovate or sell them on.’
- ‘Four days later, he signed the first clearance order, which provided for the demolition of unfit houses in the town.’
- ‘No avoidable delay occurred in my Department between the making of the clearance order and the confirmation thereof.’
- ‘Once a high and wide route is established, the clearance order for the movement follows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.