One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Show to be innocent.‘the spokesman released a statement attempting to clear his client's name’
- ‘And the findings will try to clear the name of the warship's commander whose career was ruined by a subsequent court martial.’
- ‘He is now working to clear the name of a bus driver with multiple crashes to his name - all caused by someone else.’
- ‘I wish to encourage you in your efforts to get at the real facts in this case and help clear the name of a very fine, upstanding and humanitarian man.’
- ‘A Manchester lawyer fighting to clear the name of a convicted murderer is hoping a breakthrough could be just around the corner.’
- ‘They are now working together as private detectives trying to clear the name of a handyman accused of stealing secret documents from the home of a rich family.’
- ‘Legalization will not only make it safer for users but it will clear the name of the estimated 600,000 Canadians who have been convicted of simple cannabis possession.’
- ‘For 13 years she has campaigned to clear the name of her grandfather who was shot for cowardice during the First World War.’
- ‘He decided to confess to the scam to help clear the name of another driving instructor and school teacher who is being investigated by police.’
- ‘A book is to be written which it is hoped will clear the name of a player thought to be involved in one of football's biggest scams.’
- ‘But families still fight for years to clear the name of loved ones who were put to death.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.