One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Cream for removing grease, dirt, and make-up from the skin.
- ‘Pulling her cleansing cream out of the cabinet behind the mirror, she washed and dried her face.’
- ‘She then followed with a milk facial wash, a toner lotion and a new-generation deep biological cleansing cream.’
- ‘Pour a little face cleansing cream into the palm of one hand and dab it generously over the nose, chin, forehead and cheeks - using two fingers of the other hand.’
- ‘This cleansing cream contains camphor, menthol and eucalyptus and was originally developed, around the turn of the 20th century, as a sunburn remedy.’
- ‘It is valued in the Near East for many uses, including shampoo and cleansing cream.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.