One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a man) without a beard or moustache.
- ‘He was shorter than the last one, but he was clean-shaven, and his head was bald.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven, in his early 30s and wearing a dark blue t-shirt.’
- ‘His hair was fixed nicely and he was now clean-shaven and he smelled quite good.’
- ‘He is normally clean-shaven, with receding thinning hair that he is known to dye.’
- ‘He was not clean-shaven, but in fact was sporting hints of a beard.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven with cropped, brown hair and wore a loose-fitting pink and white hooped cardigan with dark trousers.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven and also wearing a blue shirt.’
- ‘I came as a clean-shaven man into this organisation because I was told I could not keep a beard if I wanted to be a police officer.’
- ‘He used his newly-acquired knife to remove his beard, leaving him clean-shaven.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven and wore dark casual clothes.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven and wearing blue coveralls, white trainers and a white baseball cap.’
- ‘A tall, clean-shaven guy in a wool sweater takes the bottle from me.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven, of slim build and had a clear complexion, but a distinguishing long, prominent nose.’
- ‘In those days, Bryan kept himself well dressed and was always a clean-shaven fellow.’
- ‘The man told police he saw a clean-shaven man who was aged about 30 and 5ft 9in tall with short fair hair.’
- ‘He was clean-shaven with a fresh complexion and was wearing a light-coloured flat cap with a long dark, nylon or cotton raincoat.’
- ‘That's the impression this fair, clean-shaven gentleman gives.’
- ‘He was a clean-shaven man like myself, and the resemblance between us was still so great that, for an instant, I thought it was my own reflection in the glass.’
- ‘Some interpretations of Islamic law require that men wear beards rather than being clean-shaven.’
- ‘His black hair was neat and wavy and he was clean-shaven and dressed up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.