One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Underneath the muskeg is a layer of sand, rock and overburden, a clay-like material.’
- ‘Yesterday's event was deemed too risky and dangerous as rain made the soil turn clay-like.’
- ‘The entire backyard and paved courtyard was white with a couple of kilos of these clay-like pellets.’
- ‘Heavy soil is clay-like and sticky, especially when wet.’
- ‘The powder is then mixed with water and naturally occurring organic binders to form a clay-like substance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.