Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A frog with a flattened body and claws on the hind toes.
- ‘Now we focus on the molecular mechanisms involved in the formation of the forebrain pattern using African clawed toads and chicks.’
- ‘These tumors were transmitted to unaffected clawed toads by injection of cell-free extract from the tumors, suggesting a viral etiology.’
- ‘African clawed toads catch their prey by waiting on the bottom of the waterway for something to swim near them.’
- ‘African clawed toads have miraculous regenerative properties in their skin.’
- ‘The antidote to this killer may lie with the clawed toad and a global vaccination programme is one possible long-term prospect.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.