One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A frog with a flattened body and claws on the hind toes.
- ‘African clawed toads catch their prey by waiting on the bottom of the waterway for something to swim near them.’
- ‘African clawed toads have miraculous regenerative properties in their skin.’
- ‘Now we focus on the molecular mechanisms involved in the formation of the forebrain pattern using African clawed toads and chicks.’
- ‘The antidote to this killer may lie with the clawed toad and a global vaccination programme is one possible long-term prospect.’
- ‘These tumors were transmitted to unaffected clawed toads by injection of cell-free extract from the tumors, suggesting a viral etiology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.