One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lawsuit filed or defended by an individual acting on behalf of a group.as modifier ‘a class action suit’
- ‘But after the drug was withdrawn, 9,000 lawsuits were filed, many of them as class actions, seeking recovery for millions of individual users and their insurers.’
- ‘The decision Friday was the result of a class action lawsuit on behalf of half a million sick Florida smokers.’
- ‘In line with American practice, the relatives of those who died may also decide to file massive class action law suits.’
- ‘The class action lawsuit has certainly brought substantial means to the tort bar.’
- ‘This takes no account of any liabilities that may be triggered by law suits and class actions against the company and its directors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.