One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lawsuit filed or defended by an individual acting on behalf of a group.as modifier ‘a class action suit’
- ‘This takes no account of any liabilities that may be triggered by law suits and class actions against the company and its directors.’
- ‘But after the drug was withdrawn, 9,000 lawsuits were filed, many of them as class actions, seeking recovery for millions of individual users and their insurers.’
- ‘In line with American practice, the relatives of those who died may also decide to file massive class action law suits.’
- ‘The class action lawsuit has certainly brought substantial means to the tort bar.’
- ‘The decision Friday was the result of a class action lawsuit on behalf of half a million sick Florida smokers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.