One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Important clarificatory work immediately followed.’
- ‘He criticized the Commission's proposed clarificatory amendment to Article 2.’
- ‘To these the editor has added an abundance of useful clarificatory notes.’
- ‘We are happy to discuss the principles in a clarificatory manner.’
- ‘But I have to admit that lots of people seem to have no difficulty in working out, in context, the intentions of the writer or speaker, so maybe my clarificatory work was just fussiness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.