One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Both buildings are square, clapboarded, five-bay structures with hipped roofs and molded cornices in the early Federal style.’
- ‘The two-and-one half story, five-bay, clapboarded house has been considerably altered since its completion in 1794, and now has a mid-nineteenth-century recessed main entrance and a late nineteenth-century porch on the east end.’
- ‘According to the Reverend Rose's only child, Helen Cromwell Rose, he was drawn to the old clapboarded and shingled farmhouse that stood on the property ‘Its wealth of tradition was deeply welded into my father's heart,’ she wrote.’
- ‘The town of Hancock is especially distinguished for its beautiful Federal style houses, some of them brick and some clapboarded.’
- ‘Perhaps inspired by the elegant Georgian style houses he recalled from his boyhood in Haverhill, Massachusetts, he trimmed his two-story clapboarded house with quoins and a cornice with dentils.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.