One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These clans often include hundreds of thousands of people and apply their names to branches extending across ethnic boundaries, so that a blood relationship is not an organizing feature of clanship.’
- ‘A strong sense of clanship pervaded these villages, making men from other clans feel like interlopers.’
- ‘Especially in the province of Moray, there were also feudal groups which adopted clanship.’
- ‘But correspondences quickly show through this prose-verse narrative, and the highest ideals of medieval European clanship are exploited in the story to reveal pulp fiction lives familiar as our own.’
- ‘It is one short step from parochial affiliations to local mafias that rely on clanship, clientalism, and identity politics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.