One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He had been referred to the hospital by GP Stephen Kirkham after being taken ill and suffering symptoms which included vomiting, diarrhoea and clamminess.’
- ‘‘Vincent,’ Pearl touched his cheeks, shocked at the clamminess of his skin.’
- ‘Her heart thumped and a cold clamminess filtered into every pore of her skin.’
- ‘Some symptoms of hypoglycemia are light-headedness, fainting, diaphoresis, clamminess, palpitations or rapid heart rate.’
- ‘Amidst the sweaty clamminess, Paul felt something dry pressed into his palm by the dying man.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.