Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Close-fitting calf-length trousers for women.
- ‘It is difficult to picture her in that neon-green blouse and black clamdiggers.’
- ‘Companies are now making clamdiggers and Capris in denim and khaki instead of spandex and polyester.’
- ‘I love the idea of you wearing clamdiggers.’
- ‘My short-sleeve tees go with the clamdiggers.’
- ‘I couldn't remember the exact location of the clamdiggers with the green stripes down the sides.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.