One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The supposed faculty of perceiving, as if by hearing, what is inaudible.‘his clairaudience enabled him to overhear the enemy's debates’
- ‘ESP refers to telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, and in recent years, remote viewing and clairaudience.’
- ‘The mediums demonstrated every variety of psychic power from clairvoyance and clairaudience to telekinesis and telepathy.’
- ‘An expert numerologist with 18 years experience, she is also sought after for her gifts of clairvoyance and clairaudience.’
- ‘My devotees may spontaneously experience but do not practice clairvoyance, clairaudience, astral projection, and mind-reading.’
- ‘Jesus and the other prophets in the Old and New Testaments received their visions and messages through clairvoyance and clairaudience.’
Mid 19th century: from French clair ‘clear’ + audience, on the pattern of clairvoyance.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.