One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the gentry he used to ferry about, a decent cove who always treated him civilly, writes letters and the sentence is commuted to transportation.’
- ‘You are responsible civilly for that accident.’
- ‘And that doesn't go away because he settled civilly.’
- ‘Though we have profound differences, he is saying, we have to reason about them civilly instead of dismissing, insulting, and demonizing one another.’
- ‘It does not mean that a determination criminally, civilly, or canonically has been made regarding the truth or non-truth of the allegation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.