One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Teachers may ask themselves, for instance, how the district's social studies curriculum contributes to the development of civically minded and informed students.’
- ‘Extracurricular activities have long been known to contribute to students' tendencies to become and remain civically engaged, even after decades have passed.’
- ‘The remarkable thing about the youth I interviewed is that their attitudes are not those of disengaged, civically ignorant slackers, as most adults are eager to describe their generation.’
- ‘If not civically engaged, what is one's status in a democratic society?’
- ‘This ignorance and lack of involvement civically is a problem for a functioning democracy, which requires participation of the governed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.