One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Peasants had thronged citywards from the provinces to make their money in Shanghai.’
- ‘They were loaded up at the river and started citywards.’
- ‘Of recent years the migration citywards has been increasing steadily, the majority being in the younger brackets from 18 years to 25 years.’
- ‘He therefore early felt the call citywards and fourteen years ago made his way to Harrisonburg, with no definite objective in mind.’
- ‘News came of a fire on Placer Creek which had got beyond control and was sweeping citywards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.