One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in England) a type of secondary school set up through partnerships between the government and business to teach technology and science in inner-city areas.
- ‘We believe that part of the role of the City Technology Colleges is to be pioneers at the leading edge of developments in education and that we have a duty to pass on our experiences to others.’
- ‘It was envisaged that each Academy or City Technology College would send at least one delegate to this important event.’
- ‘Local education authorities, the Treasury and other parties interested in the formation of City Technology Colleges were encouraged to become involved.’
- ‘He told me to start a City Technology College - the Government's semi-independent elite schools.’
- ‘It would itself receive some Government cash for changing its status from a City Technology College into an academy specialising in music.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.